Last updated: 5th November 2018
How To Contact Cape Guy
What Information Does Cape Guy Collect From You?
- Cape Guy creates anonymous online user accounts for users of its games. These accounts are used for storing game-related information such as high-scores and replays for use in displaying such data to other players within the game.
- In some of our games, it is possible to log into a third party platform such as Steam, Apple Game Center or Google Sign-In. When you use one of these third parties, we may access information about you from that platform such as your profile information, friend lists, profile name, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third party platform provided that you have given the third party in question such consent.
- Cape Guy’s games are made with Unity and have Unity’s Analytics Service enabled. This allows Cape Guy to record anonymous usage data for its games such as crash reports and how players are interacting with the game for the purposes of improving the user experience.
- If you contact Cape Guy, via email or any other means, we will keep your contact information for the purposes of helping with your query.
- If you choose to give us your contact information for marketing purposes, eg. to add to a mailing list for a game, then Cape Guy will keep that information until you ask for it to be removed (which we’ll make as easy as we can).
What Does Cape Guy Do With The Data It Collects?
Cape Guy does not keep personal data for its game’s users and will not share any of the data it does have with 3rd parties unless it is specifically for the purpose of enabling Cape Guy’s games to function. For example, Ski Three’s online leaderboard backend is implemented using PlayFab‘s cloud infrastructure so the collected high scores are stored on PlayFab’s servers.
Cape Guy may extract broad generalisations from the aggregated data and discuss these aggregated behaviours in game development talks or blog posts.
Where possible, all data collected by Cape Guy is anonymised. Where it is not possible to anonymize the data and provide the service, Cape Guy will not share it with 3rd parties unless it is specifically for the purpose of enabling Cape Guy’s games to function.
How Does Cape Guy Protect Your Information?
Where possible, Cape Guy does not collect information in the first place. Where information is held we follow generally accepted industry standards and maintain reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, privacy and integrity of your personal information.